>> Tuesday, May 31, 2011
I'm still smiling from the Half Marathon! Thank you so much for all the kind words, I appreciate it so much. I would never think that anyone one would find inspiration in me. All of you out there who WANT to run, try it! You can do it. It is not about speed or distance. Start on a Couch to 5K (C25K) and try it for a few days a week. It will not be easy but the benefits are AMAZING!
I would like to thank the three ladies that gave me this award: Dee, Erin and Healthier Me. If you are not following them or read their blogs, please take a moment to do so. They are inspirational and always have my back! THANK YOU!
- Thank the person who gave you this award, and link back to them in your post. (Thanks again, see above)
- Tell us 10 things about yourself.
- Nominate your bloggers. (This will be hard since most of my nominees either gave me the award or have received it already)
- Contact these bloggers, and let them know they received this award.**For some reason I cannot post comments right now, I am so sorry!
- I have never had braces. I am often asked, but I am blessed to have straight teeth. My smile is my best asset.
- I am obsessed with key chains. I have about 10 key chains and 2 keys. People always comment on how many I have! All I can say is that I never loss my keys. Whenever I go anywhere, I have to get a key chain, I find that they are the perfect souvenir. I have one that is a bug preserved in glass, whenever I go anywhere I am always asked about it.
- I would love to own a pet snake one day, since I was young I have always thought they were beautiful.
- Since everyone is talking about baby names I love Adara for a girl and Isaiah, Elijah or Noah for a boy.
- I am a jack of all trades, but master of none. I can cook a bit, sing a bit, dance a bit, paint a bit. I do not excel at one thing but I am OK at everything.
- I love the show Ghost Whisperer, I don't know what it is , but I find it so interesting.
- I get along with everyone, I am the most easy going person you will ever meet.
- I love beaches, I am lucky to have been to some on the best in the world, my favorite is Ko Phi Phi, Thailand.
- I love to travel, hopefully this December I will get to go to Ghana with a friend
- I love languages, if I was rich I would learn every language I could. I have French down, can get by in Japanese and took a bit of German.
This Saturday, I am running a 5K, I know, I know but I really love to race and I haven't run one in a long time....
P.S. If your legs are soar from working out or running (or kicking so much ass!) take a bath with Epsom salts (I know that you have read this already), the NEW tip that was given to me by my masseuse (I had to have a massage after the race) was to add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to the bath. I did it last night and it gives that lovely cooling sensation. I felt so wonderful!
Have a great night!